In my point of view using shortcut keys are much faster then using mouse. So I always prefer to explore more shortcut keys for one software I used most of the time.
I am working with Xcode since June 2008 and find lot of hidden keys by myself or from other peoples. So I want to list them down here and update this post when I come to know more (Keep checking for updates !)
Here is the complete list of all advance level shortcut’s!
- Alt-⌘-Up to alter between .m and .h file
- ⌘-Shift-D, When you want to open a file or a symbol definition that’s in your project or in a framework.
- ⌘-Shift-E expand the editor view to full height of the window.
- Alt-⌘-Left / Alt-⌘-Right, Navigate among open files back and forth.
- Press Tab to accept the current completion.
- Escape presents a pop-up list from which you can select from all the available completions (i.e after dot press Escape to list down a complete list).
- Control-comma to show the list of available completions, Control-period to insert the most likely completion, and Control-Slash & Shift-Control-Slash to move between place holder tokens.
- ⌘-double click on a symbol to see the definition of a symbol.
- Option-double click on a symbol to see the documentation for that symbol– OR– Right click on any word and select ‘Find Selected Text in API Reference’ to search the API for that word.
- Cmd-/ to automatically insert “//” for comments.
- Ctrl+Left/Right Arrow to do intra-word text navigation.
- Control-1 list down all the project files.
- Control-2 to access the popup list of functions/methods/symbols in this file.
- Control-3 list down all the include files
- Right click on a variable in your function and click edit all in scope (Best one).
- ⌘-[ and ⌘-] to indent and unindent selected text. Makes cleaning up source code much easier.
- Double-click on the square brackets or parentheses to obtain bracket and parentheses matching.
- Control-Shift-R to show the Console
- Control-Alt-⌘-R to clear the log
- Control-⌘ Left/Right to fold and unfold the function.
- Shift-⌘-C, the class browser in Xcode.
- ⌘-=, Jump to the next error in the list of build errors. Display the multiple Find panel with ⌘-Shift-F.
- ⌘-O, Jump to the Project tab, to the build tab with ⌘-Shift-B and to the debug tab with ⌘-Shift-Y.
Popularity: 8% [?]